Raising funds for the International Rescue Committee
Registered Charity number: 1065972
Promoter: International Rescue Committee, 100 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7AN
Responsible persons: Alice Herzog, Head of Mass Markets UK, Laure Kryke – Smith, Executive Director IRC UK and Vice President of IRC, Naima Siddiqi, Senior Director, Finance and Operations Europe.
- This lottery (“the Lottery”) is being promoted by and on behalf of the International Rescue Committee, a charity registered in England which operates as International Rescue Committee as well as IRC UK (“the Charity”).
The Charity is registered with the City of London Council (https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/) to operate the Lottery. Small Society Lottery Registration Number: 23/02456/GASSLN
The Lottery complies with all registration requirements and adheres to the Gambling Act 2005. We have to report on every draw to City of London and receive regular audits and visits to make sure that our Lottery is always fully compliant.
- The Charity is assisted in operating its lottery by an External Lottery Manager ("ELM"), The Woods Group Limited of Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham SN14 6NG, who is licensed by the GC (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk).
- These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the Lottery, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The draws will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, in which case, the draw will take place on the next working day.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per week. Players can take a maximum of 10 chances per week and payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw.
- Payments are by monthly Direct Debit only.
- The prizes for the Win + Welcome Lottery are: 1st Prize: £500, 2nd Prize: £100 and 40 Runner-up Prizes: £5
- The draws are conducted by the Charity’s ELM, who use a random number generator (tested and approved by a Gambling Commission certified test house) to produce the winning numbers for each weekly draw. 5 numbers from 1 to 49 will be selected at random and all the eligible chances checked for any 5 number matches, in any order. 41 runner-up winners will then be selected from all eligible chances.
- If a player has more than one line of numbers (chances) each line of numbers has to be unique.
- Different players may be able to have the same set of numbers as another player.
- If the first prize or second prize is drawn and more than one player has that set of numbers, the prize value will be shared equally between each winner.
- Where a request is made to change a player’s chance numbers, the change will be made within 7 days of receipt of the request. Players will have no claim on any prize until The Promoter has made the necessary update. Similarly, players will have no claim to any prize awarded to the randomly selected numbers after the Promoter has made the change to a player’s chance numbers.
- If an entry is paid by monthly Direct Debit, £4 or £5 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one chance) will be collected per month directly from your bank account, dependent on the number of draws in between your payment dates. This will enable entries to be made into every draw.
- Underage gambling is an offence and we state that players must be aged 18 or over to enter the Win + Welcome Weekly Lottery. No person under this age is allowed to participate in the Lottery and to do so is a criminal offence. Upon applying to enter the lottery, players will be required to state their age and to affirm that they are of legal age.
- The Charity reserves the right to require proof of identity and age.
- Any person who has entered the Win + Welcome Lottery who is subsequently found to be underage will forfeit any prize and will be excluded from any future entries. If a child under 18 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- Winners will be notified by post within 7 days. This notification will include the prize (cheque)
- There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be paid within 30 days of the draw by cheque in the post.
- Any prize not claimed or banked within 6 months of the draw will be classed as a donation back to the charity.
- The Charity and its’ ELM employees directly involved in the Lottery operations and responsible persons are excluded from playing the Lottery.
- The Win + Welcome Lottery is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales and subject to all laws within this territory No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man.
- The Charity may amend these terms and conditions at any time. The Charity will notify all participants of any significant changes to these terms and conditions via this website or by contacting you directly using the contact details provided on entry to the Lottery.
- The Charity reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the Lottery and to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Lottery in whole or in part at the Charity’s sole discretion.
- The Charity’s decision on all matters affecting the draw is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
- Complaints will be handled in line with the Charity’s Complaints and Disputes Procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by Charity or its ELM will be escalated to a third party Alternative Dispute Resolution entity, such as IBAS.
- The Charity or its’ ELM shall not be liable for:
- Any entries or communications which are damaged, lost, stolen or delayed in the post;
- Any late bank payments;
- Any failure or inability to award a prize due to any errors or omissions in the data provided or due to any failure by the participant to update the Charity with any changes to the contact data provided;
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the Charity or its ELM for the administration of the Lottery;
- Any refusal by the Charity to accept an entry or the cancellation of an entry
- Any failure to enter a Chance into the draw;
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of the Charity or its ELM; and
- Any loss or damage incurred by a participant in connection with their entry to the Lottery or use of any prize.
- The Win + Welcome Lottery is a fun way to support the IRC and we take our social responsibility very seriously. We encourage players that if they’re worried about the effects of gambling, to find information on the BeGambleAware website or to call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
- We offer the option to self-exclude from future lotteries and gaming material. A downloadable form is clear on our website or self exclusions can be processed by contacting us directly. We commit to having this exclusion will remain on our records for a minimum of 6 months and not take lottery monies or advertise gambling material to the supporter. During this self-exclusion period, the direct debit will be cancelled, and any funds held on the players behalf will be returned. If a player wishes to rejoin the lottery, they must contact us directly and rejoining will be subject to the charities and ELM discretion.
- Should players wish to block gambling more widely we promote the following webpage https://www.gamcare.org.uk/self-help/blocking-software/ which details a list of services who aim to block gambling content on your devices.
- Chances of winning a prize each draw are as follows:
- First prize – 1 in 4950 chance
- Second prize – 1 in 4949 chance
- Runner up prizes – 1 in 4907 chance
- The Win + Welcome Lottery will be funded as follows:
- The percentage of the proceeds spent on prizes is 6.5%
- The percentage of the proceeds spent on expenses related to promoting and running the lottery is 42%
- The percentage or amount of the proceeds applied directly to the purposes of the society 51.5%
- The total proceeds from all tickets sold is forecast to be £77,000 up until October 2023.